Monday, October 16, 2006

Valleys and Peaks

Tend to talk bout valleys and peaks when people ask me how I doing only to get a blank look.Well this is how it works in my world.Valleys - Depression.Peak - Mania.

The valleys and peaks that I traverse are varied in breadth and depth.Hypomania is those lil peaks that one catchs everyonce in a while.Runnning down Oxford street naked as my shrink put it is a very high peak.Those are hectic and very costly.Still getting over last one I was on.And that was back in 2001.But the thing with type II is not the ups, its the downs.

Those valleys are nasty mothers.Just when you think you have reached the bottom of one and can now start making you way up and out you land up tripping and crashing down to a lower low.The darkness is so sudden and encompassing that it like a switch.One second you in a bright room and the next you all alone in the dark.Your chest thightens,yet you feel emptpy, your mind caves in on itself, you eye's play tricks on you and just when you think you got it under control everything goes darker.

Knowing what it is about helps but does not make it any easier.Everytime it gets you, you wonder how much more you can take.You pray and look for hope and light.Knowing full well what does not kill you will make you stronger.

2 comments:

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

more power to you.

Thu said...

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on. -- Robert Frost