Friday, November 17, 2006

How do you take your movies?

Solo or with company?This has always been a sticky point with me.I love watching movies alone.Will go with my partner if I have one but as a rule have no problem watching a movie alone. Now the thing is most people I know dont approve.Have been labeled weird, morbid, dodgy and host of other not to nice comments.

My argument is that no matter how much you try you can never concentrate totally on a movie with company.If you with friends then you messing around or laughing with them.With a partner you distracted cause your mind is on them or you hands on them.With kids you making sure they ok and not disturbing anyone else. And in the event of concentratin totally when with company you will get slated for ignoring said company.When you alone the movie and you are at one.You may cry, laugh, nod in agrement and generally just enjoy the movie for what it is.

So to all the critics out there, try watching a movie alone and then debate the benefits.But till then leave the morbid weird one's amongst us to enjoy their solace and alone time.

3 comments:

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

fully agree.
going solo is a much richer experience.

Mohamed Karolia said...

I second that and concur.

K

muhammedc said...

Finally someone that shares a long time opinion of mine!!!