Saturday, December 02, 2006

Dependance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitting at home on my laptop mulling over what to do this weekend.You see there no power for a 24 hour period that started at 2 today.For those that have not noticed today is a Saturday.So here I am stuck in the dark over a weekend.Given the fact that it the silly season I need to be chilling out.Given the crappy wet cold weather this chilling out would have included several DVD's, popcorn, coffee and chocolate(milkybar with jellitots).

But alas some bastard at the municipality has choosen this weekend for the overhaul of the El grid in order to provide more reliable power for the future.

As a 20something in the 21st centuary I am screwed.I can not be with out electrity.How am I suppose to fuction.No hot water to shower, no kettle to boil water, no power to charge latop or cellphone, no telly to make me sillier, no radio to listen to, no light to read under and the list goes on and on.

Scary to think what would happen if somebody stumbled across time travel and I got transported back a few hundred years.What would I do? I would be at a lose.It is amazing how dependant we have become on things that we have no control over.

At a total lose not having tv blaring in the background,cell phone on ear, all the while on laptop surfing the net.When in a reality a break from all the hustle and bustle should be seen as good we freak out if we forget our cell at home or the internet is too slow.

Think I going to give it a shot.Battery almost flat here, cell dying slowly so rather than be forced to sit "in the dark", going to put myself in the dark and try to relax.No distractions no interferance.Just me myself and I becoming one.Sounds so damn crazy and scary.Go figure.And to think we have "progressed".

No comments: