Friday, November 03, 2006

Growing Up

Was talking to a friend the other night. She recently had a son and was filling me in on plans for the future. She thinking bout moving to the UK to unsure that son has a better future and schooling. Could help but think that it was pretty drastic moving continents when the kid had just started walking so that his future was secure.

But that’s when I realized that parenthood changes people. Gratefully it is for the better in most cases. Here was someone who basically lived for the next party and trip and who has been borderline crazy material for as long as I had known her but who has now become this wonderful, in control and responsible person through this baby.

Brings a smile to my face realizing that by creating this life she saved her own.

As a non parent I have to wonder bout the affects that a child will have on my life.

I pray that it will be a good and blessed one when it does happen.

1 comment:

corpsekicker said...

I'll pray for it too then. Growing up is damn scary. Too many changes that happens too fast tends to scare people, doesn't it?